Department of Sociology
Sociology Department was established in 1969. The department havetaken responsibility to uplift marginal and criminal tribes about their Educational and Social Status. The department have taken every year social activities for orphanage students, tribal students, Ashram school students, illness students as well as supporting and motivating to the exploited Criminal tribes students.
Sociology is a branch of the social sciences that uses systematic methods of empirical investigation and critical analysis to develop and refine a body of knowledge about human social structure and activity, sometimes with the goal of applying such knowledge to the pursuit of government policies designed to benefit the general social welfare. Its subject matter ranges from the micro level to the macro level. Micro-sociology involves the study of people in face-to-face interactions. Macro-sociology involves the study of widespread social processes.
Aims and Objectives:
- Cultivate in students the ability to apply their sociological knowledge.
- Provide students with broad and well balanced knowledge of sociological theories and methods.
- To develop in students a range of useful competencies for public, private or self- employement.
- To create awareness about social problems in the student.
- To Solve social problems through NGOs.
- To promote the activities that are necessary for the welfare and overall development of the students.
- To help the needy and economically weaker students in education.
- To Create relations with the Marginal and criminal tribes.
- To Solve the problems of education of Pardhi (Scheduled Tribe) Community.
Faculty Profile :-