Being one of the important departments is in the college, it was established in the university 1979. One head including two teachers are working in the department. The university has allowed to open this department in the select forty colleges and it is proud that our college is one of them. The department holds various programmes, lectures, workshops, counselling, guidance for the welfare of the society and national reconstruction. So far, the department has organised several programmes like training camp for youth, women, farmers etc. These programmes are successfully organised with the collaboration of N.S.S., Marathi Department and Maharashtra state government. With the help of these programmes, the department creates awareness concerning with social issues and problems.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- To educate illiterate adult.
- To create awareness about social problems in the students and society.
- To motivate the students for social services.
- To connect the college with the society.
- To cultivate a sense of social harmony in the society.
- To inform about population education to the society.
Features of Department
- Training camp
- Guest lectures
- Elocution competition
Activities of Department
|1||2010-11||1. Guidance camp of the production of organic manure for farmers
2. Lecture for women concerning laws for women empowerment
3. Awareness programme about ‘consumer right’
4. Health camp for girls students
|2||2011-12||1. Workshop about social harmony|
|3||2012-13||1. Lecture on female foeticide
2. Tree plantation
|4||2013-14||1. Literacy programme for women member of Grampanchayat
2. Awareness programme for voters and election
3. Counselling camp for personality development
|5||2014-15||1. Water conservation camp in village (Athardi)
2. Celebration of mother -tongue day
1. Dr.Kalwane K.L ( Chairman )
Department of Marathi
2. Mr.Ankushrao N.M (Member)
Department of English
3. Mr.Tatipamul R.V (Member)
Department of Geography
As per guideline of the university, the programme or training camp is organised by the department of college